WAR PHOTOGRAPHY X VINTAGE COMICS PROJECT BY BUTCHER BILLY
Brazil, Curitiba-based Art Direction Butcher Billy (tumblr) - "The visual experiment ended up bringing different results to each piece - from giving a whole new meaning to the picture by modifying the original concept, to reinforcing the same idea by making clear just how the elements were influenced by the history depicted in the photos, or even saying a lot about the psychology behind fiction and reality. While we see the contrast between the black and white photos and the colorful vintage comic books elements, it’s interesting to notice how the superheroes and supervillains world was actually "black and white" in a metaphoric way, while the strong war scenes are established in the real world, where the grey shaded line between good and evil isn’t always clear."
- Original: by Joe Rosenthal, 1945, Iwo Jima.
- Original: “Falling Soldier”, Spanish Civil War, 1936, by Robert Capa.
- WWI, photographer unknown.
- Original: “General Nguyen Ngoc Loan Executing a Viet Cong prisoner”, Vietnam, 1968, by Eddie Adams.
- Original: “Napalm Girl”, Vietnam, 1972, by Nick Ut.
- Vietnam War protest in Philadelphia, back in the 70’s. Photographer unknown.
- American Soldiers Blowing Up a Japanese Bunker - Original by W. Eugene Smith, Iwo Jima, 1945.
- Original by Max Alpert, depicting WWII Battalion Commander A. Yeremenko leading his soldiers to the assault.
- Original: “Raising a flag over the Reichstag”, World War II Battle of Berlin, 1945, by Yevgeny Khaldei.
i love this
i lay one card face down and end my turn…your move..
i set a monster and end my turn
*smirk* BIG MISTAKE! ACTIVATE TRAP CARD!
I HAD JESUS IN MY HAND ALL ALONG MUAHAHA
this is the nerdiest post ive ever seen y’all are a bunch of nerds
Liquid is the classical state of matter with a definite volume but no fixed shape.
cats are liquid
derek, age 14, tries to start a food fight
he throws his sandwich
but the poor kid catches it
“wow thanks derek” he says and starts eating it
“derek hale is feeding people in need” everyone says
“derek for class president!”
derek kicks a cafeteria table out a window
“when the sun goes down the light reflects off the glass and it looks like the buildings are on fire”
Haunted house that takes people’s picture as they’re walking through.
obama means family
obama means nobody gets left behind